Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This has really made me angry. Yet it is so typical of this government to stifle the media when it is it's own interests. But they will only look worse for doing so.

This country has a government riddled with corruption. It's authoritarian social policies (i.e I.D cards, detention without trial), along with cronyism and now media censorship make it look less like a democracy but far more like a corrupt dictatorship. Taking one look at the opulence displayed by the Blairs says quite a lot.

I, for one, won't be too sorry to see them go. I somehow doubt the Tories could be very much worse. The results of what little good this government has done don't stand up to very much. The harm seems to outweigh any good that has been achieved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ordinarilly I'd agree with you hands down, and the authoritarian policies of this goverment scare the bejeezus out of me, but I think if preventing publication could seriously improve the chances of a sucessfull prosection then on the balance of things it probably is the right move.