Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year and Resolutions
A happy new year to all the readers of this blog. Thank you all for your encouragement and support.

My resolutions this year are to get my life into gear, to be more productive and find a more reliable income source while at the same time persevering with my first novel.

Things are hard for me at the moment. I partly have myself to blame but I am in a bit of crisis with my personal life. My partner's parents appear to think me to be the wicked witch of the North, and it has reached the point of estrangement. I will concede to PU that I may not have been the perfect guest, and the trip to the South when I was with them 24/7 did not help. I may have my faults but I like to think I am not a terrible person. But families are a minefield.......

It has naturally put a strain on our relationship, which is not without its problems anyway.

I will soon leave this city, tour the North and spend some time in Auckland. I met a few nice people at a wedding here who came down from Auckland and I'll spend some time with them.

So I'm hoping that things will sort themselves out and this year be not a bad one.
Enjoy yourselves, all xx

2 comments:

Gracchi said...

Liz Happy New Year- I'm sorry things aren't going so well for you but I do hope they get better. Thanks for providing me with tons of enjoyment adn interesting posts over the last month- I'm looking forward to reading more aas well through the next year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Liz. Good luck with the novel, and I also look forward to reading more of your stuff this year.