Sunday, September 03, 2006

Does Criticism of Israel lead to Anti Semitism?


My fellow blogger Mark Elf
  • posted this today. I agree with the thrust of his post - namely that anti Semitism should not stop legitimate criticism of the Israeli State, or it's activities.

    Nonetheless I would point out that the Palestinian issue can be used by some people as an excuse for their own anti semitism. I have encountered this in the past from a range of people, and I believe so has Mark. The self hater Gilead Atzmon
  • most strongly gives weight to the lie that criticism of Zionism is anti semitism, to use one famous example.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    you can't trust anything hymie elfstein says. and when you say you enjoyed the 'thrust' of it, i wonder if you were thinking entirely about the article?